It’s Men’s Health Week. Now is a great time to address any health issues that may be getting in the way of your sporting performance or your enjoyment of life—such as poor circulation or injured, sore, and pulled muscles. Are you tired of relying on pain relievers and medications to deal with them? Perhaps it’s time you tried wearing medical compression garments. In this blog, we will talk about arm compression sleeves—and why you should buy them as a gift for yourself.
Compression sleeves make wonderful gifts
Many men experience muscle soreness and poor circulation at some point in their life. Some also develop lymphedema as a result of trauma, surgical removal, or post-cancer surgery. This condition is incurable and chronic; it causes abnormal tenderness and swelling of certain parts of the body, like the arms, hands, and fingers. The swelling is caused by inadequate lymph fluid drainage. Lymph is a colorless and clear liquid that is primarily made up of water and circulates throughout your body’s network of lymph nodes and vessels.
Wearing tight-fitting garments, such as a lymphedema sleeve, is found to be helpful in stimulating blood flow to decrease the likelihood of muscle soreness. But that’s not all. Medical compression garments have also been found to help improve sports performance.
Types of compression sleeves for men
Medical compression garments for the arms can be categorized according to the material that is used to make them:
- Spandex, Lycra, or elastane – These materials make stretchy arm compression sleeves. They are not as breathable as others, but the high composition of the material helps keep them in place while ensuring mobility.
- Synthetic fibers, polyester, or nylon – These are known for their moisture-wicking properties and durability. They are breathable and ideal for athletes.
- Cotton – Highly comfortable and breathable, but often combined with other fabrics such as polyester and spandex to make it more elastic.
- Recycled materials – Some manufacturers make a lymphedema sleeve out of recycled man-made fibers.
Do compression sleeves work?
At this point, you may be wondering, do compression sleeves work? The answer is yes. They apply pressure effectively to treat discomforts like poor blood circulation, bursitis, and tendinitis. Their efficacy is scientifically proven, too! Moreover, they offer a cost-effective and reusable way to improve muscle function.
Benefits of compression sleeves
- Supports muscles during physical activity and sport
- Enhances muscle recovery
- Improves blood circulation
- Supports arm muscle recovery
- Prevents muscle damage, abrasion, and friction
Where can you get compression sleeves for men?
We specialize in lymphedema management and focused on delivering high-quality and up-to-date compression supplies for the treatment of that condition, as well as body re-contouring. If you want to learn more about a particular lymphedema sleeve or if you are asking the question ‘do compression sleeves work,’ don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll be happy to address your concerns.